Anyone may make the initial contact – the adolescent, a family member, legal, school, religious personnel, staff from other social or healthcare organizations.
Initial Contact for Screening: Done via telephone
The Daytop New Jersey Screener will ask a variety of questions and provide an analysis and recommendation for further evaluation, assessment or treatment. This is a free service. If further evaluation and screening is needed, an appointment will be set-up. There may be a fee for this service.
- A chemical dependency evaluation is done in person, by appointment with the adolescent and his or her parent or guardian.
- The Evaluation may be conducted at our Daytop Screening Unit:
320 West Hanover Avenue,
• There is a fee for Chemical Dependency Evaluation.
- A Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Index (CASI) assesses all aspects of the adolescent’s life.
- A report is generated, identifying all areas of critical concern including, but not limited to substance use.
- Recommendations are made for treatment or therapy to identified
- This assessment is made for all adolescents when they enter any level of Daytop Treatment. A CASI can be made, upon request of the parent or guardian, without entering the Daytop Treatment Program.
- There is a fee for the Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Index.